ATS US has received an order from an international bioscience company to provide Ignition software and five months of engineering services to help them replace their existing SCADA system with Inductive Automation’s Ignition platform.The facility is a Research and Development facility that runs fermentation processes on several different types of fermenters. Once a process is optimized, the improved processes are quickly propagated into their production facilities, continually making their processes more efficient.
A team of ATS engineers will work onsite with the customer to achieve a number of goals including:
- Work with users to gather and document system requirements for the SCADA replacement.
- Build user interfaces using Ignition Platform.
- Guide the customer’s R&D team on best practice for Ignition configuration and software development.
- Provide knowledge transfer to the customer’s R&D team.
- Define user acceptance testing procedures, execute the test procedures, and document the outcome of the executed test plans.
- Support the customer’s SCADA implementation team with go-live activities.
ATS US has the wide range of in-depth knowledge and experience required to meet and exceed the customer’s requirements, as well as the adaptability to predict and accommodate any future needs that may arise during the project.
Image: Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Biosciences; flickr.com (CC BY 2.0)