Location: UK – as required
Type employment: Full time, permanent position
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Experience: 3+ Years in Line Support or an equivalent IT engineering role
Department: Industrial IT
Come see how different and irresistible we are.
Join our team and experience our unique spirit!
OUR COMPANY – the profile
ATS Global is the Independent Solution Provider for Smart Digital Transformation. Founded in 1986, ATS is the expert in Control Technologies, SCADA/HMI, Programming Languages, Communication & Networks, Databases, and Manufacturing Execution Systems. Six ATS Business Activities transfer this knowledge to our customers: ATS Training, ATS Consulting, ATS On-Site Support, ATS Projects, ATS Software Development, and ATS Products. ATS has a worldwide network of offices and experts to support Global and Local organisations.
YOUR JOB – What would be your everyday job?
ATS is currently seeking a suitable candidate to support Industrial IT solutions delivered to a lead UK manufacturer.
You will have an integral role in our day-to-day UK support operations, ensuring incident management and other ITIL based processes are followed while helping to ensure our SLA & SMA obligations are always met and delivered to the highest standards.
As a site support engineer, the candidate will become an integral part of our customers daily site operations, where you will act as a first point of contact for IT issues, and you’ll work closely with other manufacturing teams and individuals to drive incident resolution forward.
To support this, engineers will be expected to demonstrate the ability to approach, understand and resolve complex technical issues (3rd line) alone or as part of a multi vendor team.
The role will also require inclusion into an on-call rota and require occasional additional out of hours work to ensure ATS are able meet the demands of our customers 24×7 requirements.
- Working effectively in a team or as an individual;
- Taking total ownership of his or her assigned incidents and tasks;
- Ensuring incident and task deadlines are always met or exceeded;
- Managing his or her workload with minimal input from the team leader;
- Providing in-depth problem analysis of major incidents;
- Providing meaningful risk and operational feedback in-line with his/her duties;
- Demonstrating high standards of professionalism and adherence to process at all times;
- Communicating clearly and promptly with internal and external stakeholders;
- Be an integral part of the day to day running of IT and manufacturing systems for your site.
YOUR PROFILE – qualifications you will need
The right candidate has;
A minimum of three year’s proven experience working in a 2nd or 3rd Line Support or an equivalent IT engineering role, having also worked with networks, hardware and software; they should be able to demonstrate an excellent understanding of both software and hardware troubleshooting methodology.
The candidate should be an excellent communicator who’s able to present technical detail clearly and effectively both internally and externally at all levels.
Enthusiasm, self-motivation and a drive to see their team succeed are character traits we are seeking, candidates must be customer service focused, incredibly well organised and able to handle highly pressurised situations with a clear and focused approach to problem resolution.
A willingness to travel to customer sites around the country with varying degrees of notice and possession of a full UK driving licence and motor vehicle is essential in this position, as is eligibility for UK security clearance (SC).
Industry and Technical Knowledge:
- Manufacturing Processes and Systems;
- Incident Management;
- ITIL Processes;
- Working amongst multi vendor IT environments;
- OEM engagement;
- Windows hardware, software and networking troubleshooting.
- Advanced troubleshooting of Windows based software, hardware and network troubleshooting
OUR OFFER & BENEFITS
Become part of a successful, dynamic team delivering solutions to our customers. In return the position offers a very competitive salary & benefits package.
You will also get:
- Flexible working hours, home office
- Referral bonus
- Paid certifications, technical and soft-skills training
- In house training
- The chance to work on international projects for world known companies
- Great company events
If you think so, apply directly by using the “APPLY” button or send your CV to Gemmah Kelly: