Location: Leeds/ As required
Type employment: Full time, permanent position
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or above
Experience: Proven experience in Software Development
Reports to: ATS UK Test & Software Release Manager
Key Stakeholders: ATS UK Leadership Team
Security Requirements: SC Clearence
Travel requirements: UK/Europe
Come see how different and irresistible we are.
Join our team and experience our unique spirit!
OUR COMPANY – the profile
ATS Global is the Independent Solution Provider for Smart Digital Transformation. We are a passionate automation, quality and IT enterprise delivering tangible business value to our customers world-wide.
YOUR JOB – What would be your everyday job?
A senior professional individual with a proven track record in Software Development. Proactive & self-motivated with good communication skills the Senior Software Developer will be responsible for the implementation of Manufacturing Intelligence (MI) and Manufacturing Execution Systems solutions and develop custom applications for blue chip customers. This will be as part of a team or as an individual depending upon individual project requirements.
The role will encompass full ownership of software subsystems from system design into integration, acceptance testing and handover to support.
- Develop quality solutions within required deadline;
- Collaborate effectively to support and enhance the full project lifecycle;
- Support other team members’ development.
YOUR PROFILE – qualifications you will need
- Experience of the full development lifecycle;
- Strong communication skills with the ability to explain solutions to technical and non-technical audiences;
- Ability to analyse problems and requirements;
- An understanding of the current state of the development world;
- Application Lifecycle Management Tools;
- Be disciplined and rigorous in the approach to requirements and design coupled with the ability to challenge and contribute to the requirements and architecture;
- Have excellent knowledge of software development techniques including design for test, debugging and software risk analysis combined with a structured approach to all aspects of software development;
- Knowledge of data capture within a OT environment to IT environment and data structures;
- Have experience with the definition, creation and handling of HTTP protocols would also be beneficial;
- Have knowledge and experience of modern software development techniques and approaches and modelling tools, to the extent that the candidate can advise and introduce tools & environments required to deliver new projects;
- Have the proven ability to estimate, plan and track software deliveries to agreed timescales and quality together with the preparation of the required systems documentation;
- Able to work with cross-discipline teams and 3rd parties, where applicable guiding the work of other ATS engineers;
- Have the capability to lead a software development team which subject to business growth will be built round the successful candidate;
- A willingness to travel including work on customer site is essential, as is eligibility for subsequent application for UK security clearance (SC);
- Knowledge of management information systems and manufacturing execution systems would be advantageous however training on the relevant systems will be provided.
- SQL Server
- HTML5 / Angular
- SSRS / Power BI
- OT/IT Integration
- Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) (Desirable)
- Supervisory Control And Data Acquisition (SCADA) (Desirable)
- Organisational skills to match the technical complexity and number of 3rd parties engaged on the project;
- Proficiency with the complete MS-Office suite, SharePoint and possibly MS-Project.
OUR OFFER & BENEFITS
Become part of a successful, dynamic team delivering solutions to our customers. In return the position offers a very competitive salary & benefits package.
You will also get:
- Referral bonus
- Paid certifications, technical and soft-skills training
- In house training
- The chance to work on international projects for world known companies
- Great company events
If you think so, apply directly by using the “APPLY” button or send your CV to Gemmah Kelly: