ATS UK are currently seeking a suitable candidate to assist with the definition, design, build, installation and commissioning of software solutions for manufacturing environments. These solutions will range from MES platforms, to SCADA and PLCs. The role will be to lead a team or operate independently depending upon project size.
The successful candidate will understand the methodology of deriving business requirements and business analysis. The individual will be able to generate project documentation, design and implement solutions to fulfil these business requirements.
Input will be required in the following activities:
- Presales proposals
- Business requirements analysis
- Functional/Detailed Design Specifications
- Development and commissioning
- Test program
- User Guides / Operator manuals
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate experience in a similar role in a manufacturing integration environment with a knowledge covering shop floor automation and OEM interfacing through to ERP system integration.
An ability to work with a team or independently is critical to this position. The candidate should be an excellent communicator and be able to present ideas clearly and effectively both internally and externally.
Candidates should be motivated and capable of the development and delivery of projects using new and existing technologies.
Enthusiasm and a desire for success are character traits we are seeking, as is the ability to show leadership and decision making when required.
Willingness to travel and possession of current driving licence is essential in this position, as is eligibility for subsequent application for UK security clearance if required.
The successful candidate will possess the following skillset;
- Experience in Manufacturing Solutions. (PLC,HMI,MIS,MES)
- Be able to create and/or analyse customer requirements
- Be able to derive conceptual design or enhancements of current designs for solutions irrespective of platform
- Work independently or as the team lead in larger projects
- Work to defined timescales and quality procedures
- Design, develop, build and test systems from within a production environment including but not limited MES, SCADA and PLC platforms
- In-house testing of defined solutions
- Have an analytical view
- Have good communication skills to all stakeholders internally and externally
- Be able to conduct customer training
- Assist others in the production of technical sales proposals and project change requests
- Take ownership and responsibility of the solution
- Be financially and commercially aware
- Experience with SQL server & reporting
- PLC, HMI & SCADA software development
- MES application development
- Scheduling application development
- Knowledge of high level programming languages commonly used in a manufacturing environment
- IT infrastructure and networking experience
- Analytical approach to problem solving
IT/Software/Engineering based Degree or HNC with a proven track record of implementing systems within a manufacturing arena, ideally over substantial period of time.
Permanent with a 6 month review period
Become part of a successful, dynamic team delivering solutions to our customers. In return the position offers a very competitive salary & benefits package.
Ideally Midlands/Leeds, other locations will be considered.
ATS is The Independent Solution Provider for Industrial & Process Automation, IT and Quality worldwide. Founded in 1986, ATS is expert in Control Technologies, SCADA/HMI, Programming Languages, Communication & Networks, Databases, and Manufacturing Execution Systems. Six ATS Business Activities transfer this knowledge to our customers: ATS Training, ATS Consulting, ATS On-Site Support, ATS Projects, ATS Software Development, and ATS Products. ATS has a worldwide network of offices and experts to support Global and Local organisations.