Location: Rotherham,Yorkshire, occasional UK travel
Type employment: Full time, permanent position
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Experience: Proven experience supporting and developing SCADA systems
Department: Industrial Automation
Reports to: ATS UK Service Manager
Key Stakeholders: ATS UK Delivery team, ATS UK Development Team, Rolls-Royce
Security Requirements: SC Clearance
Travel requirements: UK
Come see how different and irresistible we are.
Join our team and experience our unique spirit!
OUR COMPANY – the profile
ATS Global is the Independent Solution Provider for Smart Digital Transformation. We are a passionate automation, quality and IT enterprise delivering tangible business value to our customers world-wide.
YOUR JOB – What would be your everyday job?
ATS is currently seeking a suitable candidate to support and maintain Industrial IT solutions delivered to a leading UK manufacturer.
The specialist will be expected to take point on complex technical issues which impact a in-house SCADA solution and connected systems. After identifying the root cause they will work closely with the product owner to identify, develop, test and implement a suitable solution.
This individual will act as a conduit between the shop floor, IT support and development, providing appropriate and timely communication back to all stakeholders.
The role is site based in Rotherham, Yorkshire, but may require occasional travel to other UK customer sites.
The role will also require inclusion into an on-call rota and require occasional additional out of hours work relating to these systems, to ensure ATS are able meet the demands of our customers 24×7 requirements.
- Identify root cause of SCADA/Control faults affecting supported equipment;
- Assist with the development of fixes following fault investigations and internal processes;
- Working effectively in a team or as an individual;
- Taking total ownership of his or her assigned incidents or development tasks;
- Ensure resolution and development deadlines are always met or exceeded;
- Providing meaningful risk and operational feedback in-line with his/her duties;
- Demonstrating high standards of professionalism and adherence to process at all times;
- Communicating technical issues clearly and promptly with internal and external stakeholders;
- Support the development of knowledge documentation and internal training;
- Encourage the right approaches and behavioural standards amongst the team.
YOUR PROFILE – qualifications you will need
The right candidate has;
Proven experience supporting and developing SCADA systems, ideally Siemens WinCC along with experience conducting thorough on-site root cause analysis.
Basic PLC and IT architecture knowledge is beneficial but not necessary.
The candidate should be an excellent communicator who’s able to present technical detail clearly and effectively both internally and externally at all levels.
Enthusiasm, self-motivation and a drive to see their team succeed are character traits we are seeking, candidates must be customer service focused, incredibly well organised and able to handle highly pressurised situations with a clear and focused approach to issue resolution.
A willingness to travel to customer sites around the country with varying degrees of notice and possession of a full UK driving licence and motor vehicle is essential in this position, as is eligibility for UK security clearance (SC).
Industry and Technical Knowledge:
- Manufacturing Processes and Systems
- SCADA & Control Systems
- Siemens WinCC
- Root Cause investigations
- Incident Management
- Software Development (C, VB Script)
- Technical and non-technical communication
- Time Management
- Basic PLC knowledge
- Basic IT & Network architecture knowledge
OUR OFFER & BENEFITS
Become part of a successful, dynamic team delivering solutions to our customers. In return the position offers a very competitive salary & benefits package.
You will also get:
- Referral bonus
- Paid certifications, technical and soft-skills training
- In house training
- The chance to work on international projects for world known companies
- Great company events
If you think so, apply directly by using the “APPLY” button or send your CV to Gemmah Kelly: