OUR COMPANY – ATS profile
ATS Applied Tech Systems is The Independent Solution Provider for Industrial & Process Automation and Information Technology for users worldwide. Founded in 1986, ATS is expert in Control Technologies, SCADA/HMI, Programming Languages, Communication & Networks, Databases and Manufacturing Execution Systems.
Six ATS Business Activities support our customers in their journeys of smart digital transformation and continuous improvement: ATS Training, ATS Consulting, ATS On-Site Support, ATS Projects, ATS Software Development and ATS Products. ATS has a worldwide network of offices and experts to support Global and Local organizations.
YOUR JOB – What would be your responsibilities?
We are looking for a Technical Lead to become an integral part of our team and who will instruct, guide, and motivate a team of Application Engineers in delivering customer specific Industrial Automation projects.
As a Technical Lead, you will be leading our project teams to contribute to the digitalization effort of our medium- and large- size worldwide customers, operating in a variety of industry segments, including food & beverage, automotive, life sciences, and aerospace. You will work in a multidisciplinary and multinational environment where you will have to understand manufacturing processes and be able to work with cutting-edge technologies to support the integrated implementation of automation and SCADA systems, as well as Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES).
In this role you are responsible for the design, development, testing and deployment of these industry solutions for our customers in North America as well as globally. Operating as a Technical Lead, you will be responsible for architecting solutions to meet the customer’s requirements and translating the architecture into a functional and technical design. The Technical Lead will have the pleasure of leading a team of skilled Application Engineers to realize the solution as architected and per the defined scope of work. The Technical Lead also provides technical presales support to our customers as required by the ATS Sales Team. This role requires the ability to travel and work from a customer site. As such this role provides the opportunity to travel to the US and Canada for project implementations, as well as the potential to participate in global implementation programs.
YOUR PROFILE – qualifications you will need
- Experience with, or strong interest in, business and manufacturing processes and the ambition to develop solutions that enable our customers to continuously improve their processes;
- Bachelor’s (or higher) degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics, or equivalent;
- 5+years of experience in delivering Industrial Automation Systems, Controls / SCADA / MES;
- Experience with designing software solutions or actively supported software design activities;
- Knowledge of scripting languages such as Python and SQL Scripting;
- Ambition to operate in manufacturing environments during the implementation of business & manufacturing solutions;
- Strong leadership and team building skills;
- Able to smoothly interact with people on different levels within our customer’s and our organization;
- Eager to learn, open to a dynamic environment and like to travel;
- Good communication skills oral and written, and good command of the English language.
- Inductive Automation Ignition Certification;
- Sepasoft MES Certifications;
- Allen-Bradley and Siemens PLC programming skills.
If you feel that you fit the profile of the Sr. Application Engineer Technical Lead and are interested in working within a dynamic and thought leading company, then do not hesitate; apply today!