OUR COMPANY – the profile
ATS is The Independent Solution Provider for Industrial & Process Automation, IT and Quality worldwide. Founded in 1986, ATS is expert in Control Technologies, SCADA/HMI, Programming Languages, Communication & Networks, Databases, and Manufacturing Execution Systems. Six ATS Business Activities transfer this knowledge to our customers: ATS Consulting, ATS Projects, ATS Support Services, ATS Products & Partners, ATS Software Development, and ATS Training. ATS has a worldwide network of offices and experts to support Global and Local organisations.
YOUR JOB – What would be your everyday job?
To Engineer by development or configuration, of MOM solutions that meet customer requirements across manufacturing industries utilising the tools required to create the solution. This includes design, development, end user testing, deployment, early life support and transition into support.
The successful candidate will work from initial sales (close to order) through to final handover of projects. The candidate will be involved in the customer journey from concept, definition and through the complete delivery service that ATS provide to final handover and signoff of the deliverables. The candidate must form an amicable alliance with the end user such that open discussions around the client’s future roadmaps and concepts are understood, ensuring business continuity and future collaboration. This function works closely with our consultancy team of industry experts to ensure that the customers journey is consistent throughout each projects lifecycle. The scope of works will centre around level 3 (MOM / MOM) systems however knowledge in level 4 applications (ERP / PLM) and level 2,1 (PLC / SCADA) are also essential.
The candidate must understand the constraints and drivers for one or more specific industries, be able to assist with customers vision and strategy and visualise their goals. An understanding of utilising business maturity models and the corresponding supporting standards are essential.
The candidate will be responsible for projects from small projects delivered by them to being the responsible delivery person for medium sized projects utilising a small team of varying skills. The candidate should possess the experience to deliver quality solutions with an ability to control time and costs for the project, manage and review the team’s performance and govern the project delivery ensuring a quality outcome.
Typically, the Candidate will control:
- Customer relations from a project perspective in alignment with our consultancy team;
- All project documentation from order placement through to signoff;
- Engineering of the solution and its deliverables and signoff;
- The internal reporting of the project status;
- The quality of the deliverable, the projects scope and techniques utilised;
- The technologies utilised and their configuration and any enhancements and define best practice approaches;
- Validation user testing and training requirements and execution;
- Deployment within the customers environment;
- Early project life support.
An ability to work well within an internal team, including customers and third-party suppliers is critical to this position. The candidate should be an excellent communicator and be able to present ideas clearly and effectively both internally and externally. Candidates should be motivated and capable of the development and application of skills in new and existing technologies. Enthusiasm and a desire for success are character traits we are seeking along with the ability to show leadership and sensible decision making when required.
- Support the sales / consultancy team technically including scope and proposal generation;
- Be proactive in the conceptual design or enhancement of design of solutions – for each customer or internally ;
- Work as part of a team organising and controlling the project staff assigned ;
- Leading the activities of medium-scale projects or individually on smaller projects;
- Work to defined timescales, quality and project procedures;
- Design, develop, build and test systems integrating level 4 Systems through the MOM layer and down to the shop floor devices and machines as defined by the project;
- In-house testing of defined solutions;
- Take ownership and responsibility of the solution within their control;
- Take line management responsibility for a selected number of staff;
- Control and monitor all project documentation;
- Define templates and modules for repeatable solutions;
- Interface with all levels of customer stakeholders for detailed planning and delivery of the project;
- Provide and define operation and maintenance training to customers and internal support staff.
YOUR PROFILE – qualifications you will need
Industry and Technical Knowledge
- Significant Manufacturing process & automation background (PLC’s, SCADA, MES etc.) ;
- Specific and detailed knowledge on one or more ATS Targeted Industries (Defence, Aerospace, Automotive, F&B);
- An understanding of ERP and PLM systems and interfacing to these systems;
- Significant Knowledge on standards (ISA 95) and the supporting methodologies including maturity assessments;
- A full Understanding of works order scheduling and its requirements;
- A full understanding of MOM concepts and experience of this in the “real” world;
- Proven experience & ownership through a project lifecycle and its stages;
- Full control of scope – able to identify and defend project change;
- Able to control project costs / timelines;
- Able to report on project progress and the projects KPI’s;
- Proven Technical Authoring Skills Leadership skills;
- Use of or Administration of Windows Server & Operating systems;
- Microsoft SQL Server & Reporting Services knowledge;
- Experience of Network topologies and security requirements;
- Scripting \ HL Language experience.
Knowledge of the following is advantageous.
Level 3 systems
- Siemens Op Centre;
- Siemens Preactor or other complex scheduling system;
- IbaseT Solumina or other MOM platforms;
Level 2 systems Automation
- Scada systems;
- PLC systems.
Other Platforms of Interest
- Thingworx / Litmu.
OUR OFFER & BENEFITS
Become part of a dynamic, successful team designing, delivering & supporting industrial IT solutions to improve our customers’ performance. A benefits package commensurate with the role will be offered to the right candidate.
To apply for this position please send your CV to Sarah Bennett-Parker: firstname.lastname@example.org