Come see how different and irresistible we are.
Join our team and experience our unique spirit!
OUR COMPANY – the profile
ATS is The Independent Solution Provider for Smart Digital Transformation, with over 30 years of experience and a wealth of experience undertaking continuous improvement initiatives and Manufacturing IT solution design, deployments and 24/7 support assignments for our customers.
YOUR JOB – What would be your everyday job?
As a Global Subject Matter Expert (hereafter referred to as SME) you are the go-to authority and domain expert on a particular solution and/or subject. Working within a community of SME’s, covering our strategic solutions portfolio, your main responsibility is to support the pre-sales through the application of knowledge and expertise to add value to the sales team and increase our chance of success (win business!), whilst also supporting the project delivery teams through guiding them technically on how to ensure the effective and efficient delivery of our strategic solutions (deliver business!).
For this particular role we are seeking a Subject Matter Expert to support our Datacentre solutions, which include:
- DCIM (DataCentre Infrastructure Management) solutions.
- BMS/CMS/EMS (Building / Cooling / Energy Management Solutions).
A global SME is skilled in time management, is a team player, demonstrates strong communication skills and has a focus on knowledge management.
As the DCIM SME you are not only responsible for your primary job function but are required also to contribute to other areas of the business, which requires a strong need to balance priorities. The main interactions are with:
- Pre-Sales – Provide technical support to our sales executives during the pre-sales process to increase our bid to win ratio of opportunities, developing and maintaining DCIM demo scenarios for the datacentre market.
- Marketing – Assist our marketing team to create interesting content to attract new prospects, sharing knowledge and strategizing with the marketing function to guide the business on where our DCIM solutions and services offer competitive advantage and/or ensure market differentiation.
- Central Proposal Team – As the technical authority for our DCIM solutions, you will play a key role in the creation of proposals to prospects. Working with the sales executive and the proposals writer you will assess customer requirements and answer client questions and substantiate the value of our offering. In some cases, you as SME may become the differentiator that helps to win business because of your knowledge and expertise.
- Product Development – Provide valuable market insights to the product development team to assist with the definition of relevant product road maps.
- Project Governance – Supporting the PMO and local project teams with the definition of effective and efficient delivery methodologies which draw on our intellectual property and/or repeating previously executed projects to increase efficiency and effectiveness, whilst also acting in a technical governance role for relevant complex projects.
- People Operations – Supporting POp’s teams at a global and local level to recruit and develop technical personnel involved in the delivery of our DCIM solutions to end-user clients. Providing input on suitable training plans to ensure an appropriate level of capability to perform their roles effectively and with confidence.
In addition, an ATS SME is expected to be:
- Educated & experienced – Achieved through self-guided learning, which remains a part of your role
- Observant & Inquisitive – Continual explore new ideas and trends to keep up with new developments
- Social & Engaging – Regularly participate in events, forums, and social media, building a network with other experts
- Innovative – Able to think outside the box, use innovate methods to solve challenges from your deep knowledge
- Cooperative – Able to see the big picture. Works closely with other SMEs to address business, market and technological demands and challenges.
- Articulate – Carry an ability to articulate complicated concepts clearly to internal & external stakeholders
- Principled – Maintain high standards in the face of business challenges, delivering tough advice where necessary.
- A Mentor – Able to coach technical colleagues to develop themselves in a particular technology or subject
To ensure clarity it is expected that SME’s of a global standing will be assigned to pre-sales activities for a minimum 60% of their working calendar, therefore is will not be permitted in this role to be assigned a billable role on a project.
YOUR PROFILE – qualifications you will need
The right candidate holds a minimum of 5 years’ proven experience in your area of expertise, ideally spanning the pre-sales and delivery life-cycle of your solution/subject. A strong technical leader with good people skills and a hands-on approach, motivated by achieving sales & operational goals, complemented with strong people management, communication skills and effective decision-making attributes are key qualities we are seeking for this position.
- The ideal candidate will have an established internal network of business, sales and technical colleagues.
- Travel is likely to be a requirement of this role.
- Candidate must be fluent in English.
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
- Customer first mentality
- Commercially aware
- Consultative approach to customer engagement.
- Acts as a trusted advisor to internal and external stakeholders
- Time Management
- Effective Team Player
- Strong communicator (Written/Oral)
- Driven to achieve/exceed results
- Works well under pressure.
- Strong people skills.
OUR OFFER & BENEFITS
Become a respected technical authority within our global business, guiding customers, internal business leaders and technical peers in your area of expertise. This function offers a platform to become a leading figure in our industry and has a high level of visibility both internal and externally.
You will also get:
- Flexible working hours, home office
- Market aligned salary
- Share Purchase Plan
- Contributions to pension insurance
- Paid certifications, technical and soft-skills training
- The chance to work with blue chip industrial companies
- Great company events
Contact person: if you have any questions about this great opportunity, please contact Martin Matse – Global Business Development Manager Datacenters on his email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you think so, apply directly by using the apply button.