Website ATS Global
OUR COMPANY – the profile
ATS is The Independent Solution Provider for Industrial & Process Automation, IT and Quality worldwide. Founded in 1986, ATS is expert in Control Technologies, SCADA/HMI, Programming Languages, Communication & Networks, Databases, and Manufacturing Execution Systems. Six ATS Business Activities transfer this knowledge to our customers: ATS Consulting, ATS Projects, ATS Support Services, ATS Products & Partners, ATS Software Development, and ATS Training. ATS has a worldwide network of offices and experts to support Global and Local organisations.
ATS Singapore is currently seeking a suitable candidate to ‘Deliver and support’ Industrial automation projects to leading manufacturers in Singapore, with a specific focus on project delivery and operational support.
YOUR JOB – What would be your everyday job?
As an Applications Engineer working for ATS you will work on complete project life cycle from, user requirements specifications to create functional design specifications, before taking part in execution, factory acceptance tests, site installation, commissioning, production of operation, preparing training manuals, and customer training. On completion of each project you will serve as part of a support group maintaining deployed systems to ensure their operability within the production environment.
Your role includes the following responsibilities:
- Engagement (development/upgrade existing application/debugging/testing/improvement) in automation/control/MES/IT projects through the project lifecycle
- Provide operation and maintenance support to customers and internally, as required
- Development/web/product development, test, commissioning, operation and maintenance
- Assist others in the preparation of technical pre-sales documentation (including proposals)
- Interface with all levels of external stakeholders for detailed planning and delivery of the project depending on the experience
YOUR PROFILE – qualifications you will need
The right candidate has up to 2-5 years’ experience in a similar role. Knowledge of Manufacturing Processes & Automation would be advantageous in this role. An ability to self-manage the development and support of shop floor IT projects as per the customer requirements is critical to this position. The candidate should be an good communicator and be able to present root causes clearly and effectively both internally and externally.
Any previous knowledge of supporting and delivering factory shop floor applications, collection of OEM machine tools data, SCADA/PLC integration and MES systems would be greatly beneficial.
Candidates should be motivated and capable of the development and application of skills in new and existing technologies. This will be a customer facing role reporting to a senior customer management level and a multi-vendor environment. Good interpersonal skills and able to interface with all levels, internally and externally, in a professional and responsive manner.
Willingness to travel is essential in this position.
Technical Key Skills
- Strong in manufacturing application development and technical communication skills;
- Integration mechanism and communciation methods;
- SCADA (ignition, Wincc), HMI development knowledge;
- More than 2 – 5 years’ work experience in similar or relevant field;
- Experience with PLC and PLC Programming;
- Experience with different databases is essential (MS SQL/ Oracle/ MySQL …etc.) ;
- Experience with Machine Communication for manufacturing industries;
- Experience in configuring, building and redistributing of third-party libraries for embedded and Microsoft Windows;
- Mid level of proficiency in Microsoft .NET technologies (C#);
- Mid level of proficiency in JAVA, ASP .NET , Jason, Python, HTML5, Angular and web technologies;
- Detail oriented Ability to multitask.
Further Key Skills
- Customer facing experience;
- Clear communicator;
- Support delivery;
- Competent in producing technical and root cause documentation;
- English speaking.
OUR OFFER & BENEFITS
Become part of a dynamic, successful team designing, delivering & supporting industrial IT solutions to improve our customers’ performance. A benefits package commensurate with the role will be offered to the right candidate.