Location: Ireland (Dublin area)
Type employment: Full time, permanent position
Education: Bachelors Degree (or higher)
Experience: 5+ Years
Department: Manufacturing Execution / Manufacturing Operations Management
Come see how different and irresistible we are.
Join our team and experience our unique spirit!
OUR COMPANY – the profile
ATS Global is the Independent Solution Provider for Smart Digital Transformation. We are a passionate automation, quality and IT enterprise delivering tangible business value to our customers world-wide.
YOUR JOB – What would be your everyday job?
Are you a self-starter? Do you enjoy both the sales and operations environment? Here at ATS, you will find a culture that rewards such entrepreneurial spirit. We empower our staff to make their own decisions to grow our business. We are looking for like-minded people who can share our passion for success.
Reporting to the Division Manager for the region, the principal Sales Engineer will hold responsibility for identifying and building new business while managing existing key accounts and leading a small technical team to deliver digital transformation solutions to end user production clients. You will be expected to disrupt customers thinking and build consensus for ATS solutions to secure deals, then organising the effective delivery of projects and operational through efficient and effective management of a small team of internal technical and commercial personnel.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Pre-Sales (Initially 80% (Target 60%)):
- Assist in the definition and execution of regional sales and marketing plans to develop new business;
- Searching for new clients, likely to benefit from ATS solutions & services;
- Managing a small number of key accounts in region;
- Establishing new and maintaining strategic stakeholder relationships (Client & Partner);
- Advising clients on appropriate technical and commercial solutions to address their business needs;
- Interpreting and managing customer requirements;
- Preparing customer quotations (commercially & technically);
- Negotiating tender and contract terms to successfully close sales;
- Capturing and recording client contact information to support the company CRM system;
- Support marketing function through the attendance of trade shows, conferences and other internal marketing events;
- Delivering technical & commercial presentations to clients, demonstrating how ATS can address their needs;
- Providing pre-sales technical assistance and solution education to clients;
- Working with strategic partners to enhance business in region;
- Solving client problems.
- Service Execution (Initially 20% (Target 40%)):
- Assist the Division Manager in achieving the annual business plan;
- Management of a small team of direct and indirect technical resources, ensuring their health, safety and welfare both internally and on client sites;
- Supervise activities for internal resources to maximise productivity and ensure client value;
- Management of the delivery of project and operational support to clients;
- Provide mentorship and facilitate knowledge acquisition of regional technical team.
YOUR PROFILE qualifications you will need
The right candidate holds a minimum of 5 years sales and operations experience in a similar role within an Industrial Automation and/or Industrial Information Technology market. A relevant university degree (technical or business management) is considered a key requirement of the person. Candidates should be able to demonstrate and provide references of proven sales, people & project management experience and will carry an ability to perform technical sales (consultancy) and commercial (proposal creation/management) activities. Practical experience with LEAN/Six Sigma processes would be extremely beneficial to the successful candidate.
A strong leader with a hands-on approach, motivated by setting and achieving sales & operational goals, complemented with strong communication skills and effective decision-making attributes are key qualities we are seeking for this position.
An industry knowledge within Life Sciences and Food & Beverage is also considered beneficial.
The ideal candidate will have an established business network of end-user customers/accounts (ideally manufacturers) with an interest in optimizing their businesses through the implementation of MES/MOM solutions.
Regional travel is a key requirement of this role, therefore a full valid driving license is essential.
- Strategic Thinker – Systematically solves problems and hypothesizes possible customer pain points, expectations, and implicit needs; brainstorms with team members to devise solutions to solve complex challenges.
- People Management Values people and recognises how to get the best out of a team through effective leadership and motivation, whilst maintaining a clear drive for results.
- Communication – Tailors communication to the customers needs with authority; effectively delivers presentations and has strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Interpersonal Influence – Uses rational and emotional drivers that would appeal to customers to comfortably drive negotiation conversations in his or her favour.
- Networking – Identifies the right customer stakeholders and builds connections quickly to drive consensus for deals; works cooperatively with a wide range of internal stakeholders for deal success.
- Goal Oriented – Goes out of his or her way to complete a job and has relentless drive to achieve results; is independent and self-directed, and takes initiative with minimal direction or supervision.
Key Success Factors:
- Relevant technical knowledge (IA/IIT).
- Customer focused.
- Commercially astute, with negotiation experience.
- Strong business acumen.
- Appreciation/Experience of Challenger Sales approach.
- Recognises and embraces accountability.
- Driven to achieve/exceed results.
- External stakeholder management (ideally to C-Level).
- Works well under pressure.
- Strong people management skills.
- Effective team player.
- Good communication skills (written and oral).
- An ability to present clearly and effectively.
OUR OFFER & BENEFITS
Become a part of our dynamic, successful team delivering control, execution and IT solutions to improve our customers performance. This function is a stepping stone to become a leading figure within industry and has a high level of industry visibility.
You will also get:
- Modern & attractive employment policies.
- Promising career opportunities.
- Flexible working hours & location (home/office).
- Relevant IT & Communications equipment.
- Inspiring company events.
If you think so, apply directly by using the «APPLY» button.