Type employment: Full time, permanent position
Education: Minimum of HNC/HND level or equivalent expirence
Experience: 2+ Years
Department: Industrial IT
Come see how different and irresistible we are.
Join our team and experience our unique spirit!
OUR COMPANY – the profile
ATS is The Independent Solution Provider for Industrial & Process Automation, IT and Quality worldwide. Founded in 1986, ATS is expert in Control Technologies, SCADA/HMI, Programming Languages, Communication & Networks, Databases, and Manufacturing Execution Systems. Six ATS Business Activities transfer this knowledge to our customers: ATS Consulting, ATS Projects, ATS Support Services, ATS Products & Partners , ATS Software Development, and ATS Training,. ATS has a worldwide network of offices and experts to support Global and Local organisations.
YOUR JOB – What would be your everyday job?
In this role you will receive high level architecture for client and server systems to be deployed across manufacturing sites across the UK. You will then be responsible for the project deployment and any supporting design and build documentation governed by quality gates in a defined project lifecycle. On completion of a project you will formally hand-off the delivered solution to the UK Service & Support team.
- Delivery & support of shop-floor IT projects including client, server & network components
- Under the guidance of a project manager, take ownership of deployment projects through the full lifecycle from detailed planning to customer/support acceptance
- Production of quality design, build & test documentation for internal & external customer use
- Interface with all levels of customer stakeholders for detailed planning and delivery of the project
- Formal handover of project & all deliverables to the Service & Support team before project closedown
YOUR PROFILE – qualifications you will need
- An ability to self-manage and also work in teams to deliver small and large scale IT projects is critical to this position
- The candidate should be an excellent communicator and be able to present ideas clearly and effectively both internally and externally
- Candidates should be motivated and capable of embracing new and existing technologies or applications
- Enthusiasm and a desire for success are character traits we are seeking as is the ability to show leadership and sensible decision making when required
- A willingness to travel across the UK and potentially Europe, USA and Asia and possession of current driving licence is essential in this position, as is eligibility for subsequent application for a minimum of UK security clearance (SC)
- Understanding of a project lifecycle and its stages
- IT delivery & commissioning experience
- Administration of Windows operating systems
- Administration & configuration of Windows Server (Active Drectory, Cluser Admin, Group Policy Objects)
- Basic scripting experience (VBscipts, VBA, DOS)
- Technical Authoring Skills
- Understanding of Network topologies
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 knowledge
- Microsoft SQL Reporting Services knowledge
- Manufacturing process & automation background (CNC, CMM, PLC’s, SCADA etc.)
- Flexible working hours, home office
- Referral bonus
- Paid certifications, technical and soft-skills training
- In house training
- The chance to work on international projects for world known companies
- Great company events
Skills which would benefit this position are:
OUR OFFER & BENEFITS
Become part of a successful, dynamic team delivering solutions to our customers which in turn will deliver business benefit therefore enhancing our customer’s performance. In return the position offers a very competitive salary & benefits package.This function is a stepping stone to become a leading figure within industry and has a high level of industry visibility.
You will also get:
If you think so, apply directly by using the “APPLY” button.